Positronic Bliss will be on vacation, returning with regular posts the week of October 3rd. Have a great September everyone!
* 10 Machine Learning Algorithms Engineers Need to Know A great reference guide to explaining ML algorithms. * 5 Phases to Successfully Complete a Data Science Project A good workflow for those trying to understand the scope of any data science project. A lot of this can be applied to other types of projects as well. […]
* How the Brightest Minds in AI Are Using Gaming to Reinforce Learning This article outlines how game developers are using artificial intelligence to pioneer fronts on gaming, including No Man’s Sky, whose soundtrack features 65daysofstatic… one of my all-time favorite bands. * Interactive Data Visualization of Geospatial Data using D3.js, DC.js, Leaflet.js and Python A […]
* Loyalty Card Data Shows Who Is Buying Legal Weed The headline to this made me giggle, because I watch too much Extreme Couponing and picture a customer handing over their grocery store loyalty card and watching the total fall, followed by the cashier asking if they had any coupons…. apparently I am easily amused today. […]
* Introducing SimBot: My CV, as a Bot A quick read on creating a bot that represents an individual… if only I could send one of these for my interviews. * Machine Learning Over 1M Hotel Reviews Finds Interesting Insights A breakdown on scraping hotel reviews from the web and aggregating the results. * Using Bayes […]
As we get closer to the election there will be a number of articles popping up about the US Presidential election. Note that these articles are posted out of an interest for the numbers and data analysis, but I might as well state up front what party I am a member of: Because seriously? Who […]
* Formulation of Adversarial Machine Learning Machine learning is being used to implement additional security measures… this may be the future of cyber-security * This Guy Trains Computers to Find Future Criminals This is something to keep one’s eye on… these predictive analytics can become quite scary if you think about one wrong thing you say can […]